Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Chiggers

The tanning is going well. I am a nice bronze color with lovely red whelps all over my upper chest and belly. I'm either allergic to the lotion or the cleaner they use on the beds. It itches and burns like I have chiggers. I started tanning because my mother has planned the first "family" vacation in years and me, my sis and my mum are going to Florida at the end of June. I think Christopher thinks something is up because he is getting really clingy and loving. I'm not assuring him because I like the extra attention. lol I need a vacation so bad. I've been working non stop for the past year... really 14 years... with no vacation and it's really starting to take its toll.

Job is still stressful but in this economy, I'm just glad I still have one. I've made myself indispensable by learning everything possible so if anyone calls in I can cover their job. Because of this, I've gotten 14 hours overtime on my last check and there will be 8 hours overtime on this check. I've been working mostly first shift so I've been getting off in time to get the kids from school.

The girls are back from their dad's with tons more than they left with, as usual. I only send them with the bare necessities because they don't need their whole wardrobe to go visit for a week and I think their grandma thinks they don't have anything so she over shops and they always come back with TONS of clothes. She makes sure to remove all the tags because she thinks I'm going to return them. lol Amber also came back with a new cell phone. A really nice one that probably cost a fortune and is way to much for an 8 year old to lose. It went totally against what I was teaching them. I start my kids out on a GO-phone so it is prepaid and I can manage their minutes. If they prove to me that they can responsibly use their minutes then they can get a phone. Amber had her prepaid phone for 4 months and because I bought Jade a phone on my plan, he just had to get Amber one. It's on his plan so I guess if she uses up his minutes it's not my problem. Still makes me mad though.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm glad I don't have to 'share' parenting with someone who has different plans than me for the children. I might go on a murderous rampage. Oh wait. Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me, not Nola. I didn't realise it was signed in as her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try to share parenting with 4 people that don't share your same views... lol
    It is very trying at times.

    ReplyDelete